No potatoes in this version of dabeli for they are made especially for the Jains.
This is an exclusive website recipe.
1. Mix dabeli masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add this mixture and sauté for thirty seconds.
3. Add a little water and mix well. Add castor sugar, mix well and sauté well.
4. Add raw bananas, mix well and cook for half a minute. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a bowl.
5. Add coconut, coriander leaves and pomegranate pearls, mix well and set aside.
6. Slit the pavs and spread tamarind chutney on the inner side. Place a portion of the banana mixture over the chutney. Sprinkle some masala peanuts and some sev and close the bun.
7. Heat ghee on a non-stick tawa. Place the prepared dabelis on it and shallow-fry, turning sides, till golden from both the sides.
8. Garnish with pomegranate pearls and masala peanuts and serve hot.